The intent of this program is to strengthen the capacity of women and men farmers to enable greater trust, confidence and self-awareness for the greater benefit of families and the community. The program offers a three-level curriculum in Kreyòl with each level being a nine-month term and covers the following areas of learning:
- Knowledge and application of the notions of oral communication, written and artistic
- Knowledge and application of essential concepts in mathematics
- Knowledge and skills in experimental sciences
- Knowledge, awareness and skills related to their environment
- Knowledge and ability in protection of the environment
- Knowledge and ability in business management
- Ability to transfer skills and to create wealth
- Knowledge and ability to respect the rights of others and to perform civic duties responsibly
- Capacity to transmit learned values
- Ability to exercise decision-making power within groups and/or community.
The project presently includes 737 men and women.
|Term:||October 2016-October 2019|
|Funder/Partner:||Gaylea Foundation, FIDA USA, Semiahmoo Rotary Club and other significant donors.|